Established in 1987, The SR Group consists of specialist recruitment consultancies Brewer Morris - Tax & Treasury recruitment, Carter Murray - Marketing & Sales recruitment, Frazer Jones - HR recruitment, SR Search - Partner Search and Taylor Root - Legal & Compliance recruitment.
We work with a substantial number of the world's leading multi-national corporations, professional partnerships and international banking groups as well as the complete range of small to medium-sized businesses. Our growth, retention rate and ever-expanding global reach speaks volumes about the quality of our brands. Operating out of offices in London, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Milan, Amsterdam, Dublin, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Sydney and New York we recruit around the world.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and associated schedules that make up the board pack.
- Reconcile all key balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, investigating any differences and
- providing appropriate commentary.
- Post all Accruals & Prepayments with minimal error and apply learned accounting principles and
- Prepare preliminary overviews of the monthly P&L for discussion with the Financial controller.
- Assist in the preparation of the audit file for the annual statutory audit of the financial statements
- Maintain the fixed asset register and post the monthly depreciation charge.
- Using detailed placement data prepare the key KPI's and financial metrics and assist in the monthly analysis and review of these.
- Ad-hoc analytical review and commercial analysis as required by the business.
- Involvement in the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Reconcile the intercompany balances on a monthly basis, liaising with colleagues in Europe, USA & Australia and raising intercompany invoices as appropriate.
- Alongside the FC/FD drive process and systems improvement across both the finance
- department & the business as a whole.
- Strong systems skills - including Microsoft Office products, particularly excel.
- Be able and driven and be looking to develop their career in finance.
- Strong reconciliation skills, with Experience in reconciling key balance sheet accounts on a
- regular basis.
- Intermediate excel skills (VLOOKUPS, SUMIFs, Pivot tables).
- Ability to hit pre-agreed deadlines by demonstrating strong time management skills.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- Be willing to challenge the status quo, and suggest improvements to current processes/systems &
- The ability to work both independently, as well as part of the wider department, and possess a "can do" attitude.
- You will currently be studying for a recognised professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) and
- will have significant (over 2 years) previous experience in an accounting/finance role.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.